Small Dog Socialization
Small Breed Group Walks - $15.75
It all started when…
A really small breed puppy such as a chihuahua or a shitzu would attend our regular puppy socialization classes and wanted to socialize with the other pups but was just so small that it was too risky and scary for them.
Or someone would tell us that they had an older dog that loved to play but since it was a small dog it was too scary to go to a dog park due to the risk of being trampled.
So we have created a socialization program for dogs that are small. Any age, no weight limit, just for the smaller guys and girls that get intimidated by the bigger dogs.
We will go for a walk together and practice different activities to get them comfortable being around each other and learning to exist peacefully and calmly in a new and distracting environment.
- This program is outdoors, rain or shine (although if the weather is extreme, then we will cancel and transfer your credit to a future class)
- Dogs will be on-leash with their owners responsible for them
- This is not a playgroup. It is a structured program where you will be helping your dog feel calm and confident around other leashed dogs.
- 24-hour cancellation policy in effect
- Please keep dogs at least 10 feet apart at all times, as temperaments cannot be guaranteed.
- Please refrain from pulling out toys or treats if close to any other dog to avoid any resource-guarding aggression.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. If your dog struggles with aggression or reactivity, please contact us about training and behaviour modification. We can help you work towards being able to participate in a class like this.
What to bring:
- 4-6 foot leash, collar/harness, high-value treats.
- Pre-Register online by clicking the yellow button below
- Time — Mondays at 10am
- Location — Layritz Park
- Age — Any age – all small dogs welcome
- Vaccinations — Your pup must be vaccinated to attend, as this is an outdoor walk. Proof of your pup’s first + second set of vaccines, plus proof of the kennel cough vaccine (Bordatella) is required if you’ve never attended a program with us before.
- Safety: Please keep dogs at least 10 feet apart at all times, as temperaments cannot be guaranteed.