Come and walk your dog (all ages welcome) with a group of other people and their dogs. The objective is to have an opportunity to practice your dog’s leash manners and on-leash social skills around people and dogs from a bit of a distance.
Walking with a pack is a natural and non-confrontational way for your dog of any age to learn to be social but still have self-control. It’s all on-leash, and is a mix of socialization and training.
Group Walk Info
Price - $10.50
During this one hour walk, you will participate with your dog while being guided by a qualified trainer. We walk as a big pack of people and dogs, we get some exercise, we help our dogs learn to walk calmly around other dogs and we have fun with obedience training games while we go!
Our trainer is there to give guidance during the walk and offer assistance when needed.
Please note: This is not a training class, it is an opportunity to practice your dog’s training and social skills in a controlled and safe setting where everyone else is there to do the same.
No aggressive dogs allowed. If your dog struggles with aggression or reactivity, please contact us about training and behaviour modification. We can help you work towards being able to participate in a class like this.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is looking to improve or maintain their dog’s socialization and practice basic on-leash skills and join a welcoming group of people
This is not a playgroup
It is a structured program where you will be helping your dog feel calm and confident around other leashed dogs.
Where do we train?
- Beacon Hill Park – Fridays at 4pm
- Royal Roads – Sundays at 10am
What to bring
- 4-6 foot leash
- high-value treats.
Restrictions and Requirements
- Registration is required ahead of time
- 2 person per dog maximum.
- Age — Any age
- Weight — Any weight is allowed, dog’s are not to play or directly interact so small dogs will remain safe
- Vaccinations — Your pup must be vaccinated to attend as this is an outdoor walk. Proof of your pup’s first + second set of vaccines, plus proof of the kennel cough vaccine (Bordatella) is required.
- 24-hour cancellation policy in effect
- Please keep dogs at least 10 feet apart at all times as temperaments cannot be guaranteed
- Dogs will be on-leash with their owners responsible for them
- Please refrain from pulling out toys or treats if close to any other dog to avoid any resource-guarding aggression.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. If your dog struggles with aggression or reactivity, please contact us about training and behaviour modification. We can help you work towards being able to participate in a class like this.