Board & Train!
We’re now offering board and train services in partnership with the Puppy Love Pet Care Center in Victoria BC!
Your dog will get daily sessions with our master trainer, Dave Tomey, on a schedule that works best for your dog’s energy level.
Canine Crash Course
Are you going out of town, or does your dog need some extra attention? We’re happy to announce our new offering of board and train. Each dog gets 5 training sessions per week in a program tailored to its needs.
Your pup will work with Master Trainer Dave Tomey. After your board and train, you’ll get 1 month of access to our online training platform ReadyDog. A refresher session is available on request, to be booked within 2-4 weeks of completing your Board & Train.
At this stage, we’re offering training related to basic or intermediate obedience, impulsivity, and/or reactivity (excluding human aggression). Here are some common commands/topics included:
- Impulse control, focus, and patience training
- Loose leash walking
- How to walk away from distractions
- Sit, Stay, Down
- How to settle when asked
Our partner – Puppy Love Care Pet Care Centre – is located in a rural setting on five acres near Island View Beach and Provincial Park. The property has been home to a boarding kennel for over 50 years. They are an exclusively individual boarding facility. Whether indoors or playing outside, dogs from different families are never mixed to reduce stress and eliminate the possibility of injury due to fighting or roughhousing.
You also save $2/day on your boarding when adding training to your package!
As an additional service for your dog, Puppy Love offers Playschool. This 20-minute service gives additional individualized personal attention with one of their Social Directors in addition to your pet’s regular outside exercise times.
Your pet will be taken to the large 1/4 acre exercise yard for exercise, games, and treats. Playschool is great for all ages, and activities range dependent on your pet’s preferences.
- Five training sessions per week of stay
- Training done by Master Trainer Dave Tomey
- Training offered for:
– Basic/Intermediate Obedience
– Reactivity (excluding human aggression)
**More services will be added in the future.
- Sessions planned based on dog’s capacity
– Your dog will be assessed as to what schedule works best for them
- Refresher session available on request, to be booked within 2-4 weeks of completing your Board & Train
- All stays get 1 month of access to our online training platform ReadyDog
- For stays of 1 month or longer, after your board and train, we will provide you with videos of what we are working on with the dog with explanations, available to you online 24/7
- Dogs are kept separate, including during exercise periods
- Dogs from the same household can be boarded/exercised together.
- You must supply the food for the duration of your dog’s stay
- Separate buildings for small, medium, and large dogs
- Facility hours:
– Sunday/Monday 9-5
– Tuesday-Saturday 9-6
- Drop offs begin at 9am, and are spaced every 15 minutes to avoid waits
– Private yard time 2x day
– Playschool daily
Length of Stay
7 Day Week, 28 Day Month
Training + 2x Day Yard Time + 1x Playschool
*Custom lengths of stay available
Could your dog benefit from a board and train program?
Includes: Training + 2x Day Yard Time + 1x Playschool
*Custom lengths of stay available